The Whirling Dirvish
.95 1.0 5DMKII 50mm Amalfi Coast Bands Bar del Sole Bokeh Canon Cappuccino Cigar Noir Composed images Easthampton Emily Therese Gone by Daylight Honeymoon Italy Karrie Welch La Perla Leica Leica Guy Leica M9 Leica M9-P Leica S2 Leica S2-P Love M9 M9-P MA Matthew B. Harrison New York City Noctilux Northampton Praiano Sharp Snapshots The Best lemons in the world The Biggest Lemons you have ever seen The Leica Guy The Leica Lady Urban Exploration Vacation Wedding Wide Open Wow it’s beautiful and I am never coming back.
Kt Baldassaro smokes a Kuba Kuba. Shot with a Leica M9-P, 50mm Noctilux .95.
This made my day.
Saul Leiter’s 1950s New York in colour
Most Recent Posts
- First experiments with 4×5
- Sam’s Birthday Cake Smash
- Infrared Exploration at the School for the Feeble Minded
- From Russia with Love
- Alison in Boston
- Karen and her Cigar- the rooftop
- KT and the Cigar
- Trip to Los Angeles for work
- A few from a recent wedding
- Even More Cigar Time
- Cigar Time
- Third Batch of Honeymoon Photos
- Second Batch of Honeymoon Photos
- Emily Therese for Sid Vintage in Urban Aces
The Leica Guy on Twitter
- Thai food with @amchistolini earlier this week.
- #handdrum #drumcircle #analog
- On deck. #vinyl #180g #clapton @realryangullen #sheepdogs #slash #neutralmilk #sourmilk
- #alabamashakes #vinyl #analog #single #45 #americanhotwax #ilovebrittanyhoward
- #fame #fortune #sexyladies
- #fame #fortune #women
- #snowturkey #visit @ Wild Turkey
- I am the king of carrot flowers. Part 1. Not 2 and 3.
Become a Member
Tag Archives: Canon
Live at the Elevens in Northampton, MA. Gone By Daylight was the headlining performer on May 27th, 2011′s show. Shot with a Canon 5Dmkii because I needed the video capacity.
I didn’t use a Leica to shoot this – solely because I had to shoot video. I used a Canon 5DMKII + 50mm 1.0 Lens.
In researching human vision for my thesis, I decided that the Leica Noctilux f/.95 lens was the best choice for the creation of my images.
Starting with focal length:
A lens with a focal length approximately equal to the diagonal size of the film or sensor format is known as a normal lens; its angle of view is similar to the angle subtended by a large-enough print viewed at a typical viewing distance of the print diagonal, which therefore yields a normal perspective when viewing the print. If the frame size is 24mm x 36mm, the diagonal is 43.267mm.
Most manufacturers market the 50mm lens as the normal lens (despite being a few mm larger) as it is the optimum focal length that has zero distortion. The problem is that a 50mm lens only affords a 46-degree field of view that is significantly less than the human field of vision – which would be closer to a 24mm lens. However, if we were to use such a wide-angle lens our images would suffer significant distortion that does not appear when using a normal lens. Our brains have the ability to compensate for this distortion – however the camera does not. Therefore the 50mm lens is considered to be optimal, due to lack of distortion.